Learn How to Get Rid of a Cold Sore Fast
What is the underlying cause of cold sores?
The main culprit behind cold sores is the virus known as herpes. When you contract a cold sore, you can have small painful blisters which may be a brown or red color. These can erupt in your lip and mouth area. Herpes is a viral disease and can spread easily. It also follows a basic life cycle. Interestingly, cold sores can remain dormant in your body for a few weeks and then suddenly erupt. Some of the factors behind the eruption of cold sores are high stress, other infection, and exposure to sunlight.
The different stages of cold sores:
It takes a minimum of 7 to 12 days to recover from cold sores. The basic stages of the herpes virus are as follows:
1. As mentioned earlier, the cold virus can be dormant for more than a few weeks in your body. But due to various factors you may be visited with a tingling sensation in your lip and mouth area. This is the first stage and this is what you may be currently going through.
2. You would next see small or large blisters appearing in your mouth and lip area. The blisters could be filled with liquid. The blisters may last for two days or more.
3. The next stage is very contagious because during this period as the blisters burst open. Contact with the liquid inside the blisters through your eyes or mouth can spread the infection.
4. Once the sores burst open, they are replaced by scabs which are yellow in color. During this period the area becomes itchy and you will feel a burning sensation. You should not rub the cold sore scabs at any cost. Doing so could cause the scabs to become infected and lead to more cold sores.
5. In its last stage, the cold sores start healing usually with the aid of medication and the scabs disappear. IYou need not fear about scars as cold sores scabs usually do not leave any scars.
One of the most effective ways of How To Get Rid Of a Cold Sore Fast is with natural remedies. The best thing about natural remedies is that you are using products that have been used for many years and are proven to help.
Some natural remedies are:
1. Lemon Balm: Lemon balm is a natural herb and it is known for its antiviral characteristics. You can make tea from lemon balm and drink it a few times a day. Otherwise you can apply it directly on your cold sores by using a salve. One example is this popular salve listed on Amazon.com. More information can also be found on WebMD.
2. Licorice: Natural herbs like licorice are very effective for curing cold sores and can help prevent the herpes virus from replicating.
3. Echinacea: This is another herb which can sipped like a tea and this could help heal your cold sores. Echinacea also bolsters your body’s immune system.
4. Chamomile: When you have a cold sore, the mucous membrane in your mouth gets very painful. Using chamomile helps to heal the mucus membranes in the mouth.
5. Tea Tree Oil: Tea Tree Oil is another powerful herb which would help you get rid of a cold sore fast by assisting with the inflammation. Find out more and see what other people think on Amazon.com.
6. Neem Oil: Neem Oil is made from the leaves of the neem plant. It has been used for thousands of years in India to treat many different ailments.
7. Ice: Last, do you know one of the simplest ways to treat your cold sores is by rubbing ice on them? When you rub ice on your cold sore blisters, you can enjoy immense relief through the cold, soothing touch of ice. This should help reduce the pain. Applying ice on your cold sores can also help prevent the cold sores from affecting other areas in your body.
Now you can battle your cold sores and their symptoms and hopefully recover quickly. A healthy lifestyle will help you to keep cold sores at bay.
Disclaimer: Please consult a health care professional before trying these remedies.